We are intentional about the advantage we bring to our clients, and consider ourselves as business partners. JLD & MB is renowned for:
- We provide solution-oriented advice and leverage on the depth and range of our expertise and research capabilities. We go the extra mile for our clients and ensure that legal advice incorporates industry trends and commercial and regulatory considerations.
Extensive Industry and International Experience
- The Firm is recognised for excellence with global standards. We combine international business standards with in-depth local legal and regulatory knowledge. We have a reputation for strength in several areas, including Oil & Gas; Minerals and Mining; Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions and Aviation, and we are rated as a top-tier law-firm by leading publications, including the International Financial Law Review (IFLR 1000), Chambers and Partners, and Legal 500.
Responsiveness and Seamless Delivery of Client Services
- Responsiveness is one of the Firm’s hallmarks. Our team’s focus is on ensuring a responsive and seamless service for all our clients. We are committed to superior client care and invest resources to understand our clients’ businesses, operating context and the opportunities and challenges they face.
- We believe in team-work; our transaction teams include partner-level oversight and we leverage our extensive global network to provide seamless communication across multiple jurisdictions. Several of our lawyers are qualified to practice in more than one jurisdiction and are internationally recognized. The Firm’s lawyers have industry and global legal experience to reflect the diverse needs of our client base.
- We believe in partnerships and have excellent relationships with major international law firms in Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, ensuring comprehensive service delivery for our global client base.
Strategic relationships go beyond law firms - we have unparalleled experience working with regulatory and governmental bodies including the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Minerals Commission, Petroleum Commission, National Petroleum Authority (NPA), Energy Commission and the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD), to obtain regulatory consents and approvals as well as assisting clients with pre- and post-transaction compliance issues. The Firm’s established and exclusive network enables us to obtain requisite regulatory approvals in a timely manner.